The same Chicken curry can be prepared in many different ways. Today we are going to talk about an easy and delicious chicken curry which is mostly popular in sri Lanka.
YOU ARE GOING TO NEED:
- Full Chicken ( cut into normal sized pieces)
- 3 Tomatoes
- 5 Red onions
- 2 Green chillies
- 6 slices of garlic
- Curry leaves
- Piece of cinnamon
- Chilli powder (3 tea spoons)
- 3 Dried chillies
- Turmeric powder (half of tea spoon)
- Coconut milk 3 cups ( add scraped coconut into a blender and blend until you get a thickened milk)
- One tea spoon of coconut oil
- Juice from one lime
- Mustard seeds(1 tea spoon)
- Cumin seeds (1/4 of tea spoon)
- Fenugreek seeds (1/2 of tea spoon)
How to prepare:
- Cut the well washed chicken into normal size pieces and put it in a bowl.Then add some salt,some lime and some turmeric in to it.leave it for a while.
- Now take a pan and add some coconut oil into it.When oil heats up, add mustard and cumin.Like after 30 secs add onions too.cook it about a minute.
- Then add garlic and cook for 20 secs. now add finely sliced dried chilli and mix well.
- Now add curry leaves.cook for 30 more secs.
- Then goes cinnamon, green chillies and fenugreek. cook for about 1 min.
- Put tomatoes, chillie powder ,turmeric powder and some salt to the same pan and close it with a lid.cook for 5 mins. remember to reduce the gas or heat of the cooker.
- Now open the lid and add 3 table spoons of water.mix well.add the lime juice too.close the lid again and cook for 3 more mins. keep the gas/heat reduced.
- Then add the coconut milk and heat up to boil the curry.when it is boiling, add the chicken.cook it for about 1 min with high temperature.
- After 1 min lower the temperature and cook it for 30 mins stirring.
- Now we are done cooking.Put some curry leaves on to the top. so take off the pan from cooker and close it with the lid.