We LOVE chicken satay and it is a dish that we always order whenever we see it on the menu. I wanted to recreate it at home for Jerrys birthday and it was absolutely delicious!
- 4 skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 5 metal skewers (more eco friendly and cost efficient than wooden sticks!)
- Coconut milk/cream
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- A pinch of salt
- 3-4 tablespoon of natural crunchy peanut butter
- Soy sauce
- White vinegar
- Brown sugar
- Warm water
- Mix all the marinade ingredient together with the chicken and marinade overnight in the fridge.
- The next day, skewer the chicken pieces onto the skewers. Heat the grill pan (or frying pan) and brush on oil. Grill on each side until cooked.
- To prepare the sauce, mix all ingredients together and add water until it becomes the desired consistency. Keep tasting and adding more of each ingredient until it is perfect!