This soothing autumn soup is so simple that it hardly seems worthy of a recipe because it is more of a toss-everything-in-the-pot-and-wait kind of soup. Making use of seasonal ingredients is incredibly beneficial for your health, as the harvest foods of the season are perfectly packaged with the right nutrition to keep you warm and healthy during the wet and cold of autumn/winter. For instance, this soup contains beets, greens, garlic, sweet potatoes, whatever beans you choose, and a plethora of spices. Adding warming spices helps to increase circulation, warm the body, and aid immunity during cold and flu season. Its especially soothing on a sore throat or cough.
Soothing Autumn Soup [Vegan]
- 3 cups water
- 4 beets, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can of beans such as white or black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro/coriander
- 3 teaspoons soup seasoning
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 3 cups chopped greens
- Fill a pot with three cups of water and bring to a low boil. Add the chopped vegetables, minced garlic, and beans of choice and let cook for around ten to fifteen minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the spices, herbs, maple, and greens then let sit covered for about ten minutes. Top with additional salt and pepper and enjoy!
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh